1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Had a photo published in a magazine, visited Mount Rushmore, traveled over 180,000 miles in an 18 wheeler, went sailing, rang in the New Year on Vancouver Island in Canada and navigated a blown tire on the 18-wheeler - while I was driving!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I usually don't make too many resolutions; I think about making them though!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada, Mexico and Texas. Oh shit, Texas isn't another country; they just act like they are.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Time without distractions or interruptions. I have TONS of time, but it is often interrupted or filled with distractions. I'd like some "quiet time" to work on my video depicting a "day in the life" of me as a truck driver, time to develop our invention (we already have the prototype - we just want to go further with it) and time to learn a language.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My mother's 65th birthday party and my birthday. Hers was a wonderful day; she had a great time and loved the big screen TV she got as a gift, blah, blah, blah....but really, it was all about the food. (Shhh. Don't tell her!) and my birthday trip with my friends to The Berkshires. Lots of laughs and great memories.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
My two biggest accomplishments are: driving over 80,000 miles free of accidents, tickets or violations enabling me to obtain my "one year safe driving award" and paying off all my bills (although I did accrue a teensy weensy bit of debt Christmas shopping!)
9. What was your biggest failure?
No big failures, just one disappointment - too unorganized to get our act together so we could get to Europe - guess that will have to wait for 2008!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No illnesses, no injuries. I'm healthy as horse!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My laptop computer, my video camera and digital camera.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
What kind of behavoir merits celebration??
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I'm appalled by the way the majority of society acts towards others but it doesn't depress me.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Dining out and entertainment (vacations, movies, books, iTunes, etc.)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Shopping for a motorcoach; even though at year end, we didn't get it.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
"Through Glass" by Stone Sour and "Who Knew" by Pink
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
Happy, Fat and Rich.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Worked on my writing, kept up with my Italian lessons on tape and commented on blogs. I read a lot of them, I'm just not a commenter.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With Eddie and family in Arizona.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I fell in love with iTunes (my new obsession) and Boris Kodjoe!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope, no one new; just the same person for the last twenty years.
24. What was the best book you read?
The Bridges Of Madison County (Robert Kincaid is a figment) and Crown Sable (which I've read in the past by re-read this year)
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Sara Bareilles, thanks to Starbucks free iTunes cards!
26. What did you want and get?
I didn't want anything, but I got an iTouch (which spawned my iTunes obsession), a second camera from Eddie and my front tooth fixed; it's been chipped for over a year.
27. What did you want and not get?
A new truck and a trip to Europe.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I love movies, so can't pick just one. Here are my top three: Once, August Rush and Gone Baby Gone
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
This year I turned forty and Ed took me to The Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina. It was by far the best thing I've done on my birthday. It was so amazing and so interesting that I can't wait to go back.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Taking a trip alone with my brother and spending more time in snow and cold weather.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
I don't do casual very well, so working as a truck driver is challenging for me. My style was less polished this year than I would have liked it to be. In 2008, I'm going to spend more time coming up with a workable trucking style that incorporates femininity and function; and don't even think sweatpants, they never have been and never will be part of my wardrobe. Please, I'm just getting used to jeans.
32. What kept you sane?
My best friend Vicki, internet access and my phone.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Interestingly enough, I'm a celebrity magazine hound, but I don't really fancy anyone in particular. I'm very disloyal when it comes to celeb-love.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Immigration. People need to curtail their hatred of those who are different, address the fears that are fostered by media reports and stop thinking they are superior and have more rights than any other person in this nation. We should welcome all.
35. Who did you miss?
My father; most often at night when driving alone and have a lot of time to think.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Probably Sognatrice from Bleeding Espresso. If I were a shape-shifter, I'd body snatch her and take over her life in Italy.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
I have two.
1. People say they want you to be honest with them, but they really don't.
2. If you lower your expectations, you won't be disappointed as often.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
From Keith Urban's Song Who Wouldn't Want To Be Me?:
"And the sun is shinin'
This road keeps windin'
Through the prettiest country
From Georgia to Tennessee
And I got the one I love beside me
My troubles behind me
I'm alive and I'm free
Who wouldn't wanna be me"
Looking forward to a wonderful 2008 as I already have so many great things to look forward to! Wishing all of you the same!