1. How many keys are on your keychain?
Normally, just one – to the truck, If I’m not in the truck, it’s three: house, car, truck.
2. What curse word do you use the most?
3. Do you own an iPod?
No, but I have a Palm Pilot that does the same exact thing.
4. What time is your alarm clock set for?
It varies from day to day as I am on no set schedule. Sleep and rise when I desire.
5. How many suitcases do you own?
One actual suitcase. Other than that, I use a large satchel and a small dufflebag.
6. Do you wear flip–flops even when it’s cold outside?
Yes. I love my flippies.
7. Where do you buy your groceries from?
The nearest grocery store.
8. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?
Take pictures. See for yourself.
9. What was the last movie you watched?
Shooter (with Mark Walhberg) Well, not with Mark Wahlberg, he was in the movie.
10. Do any of your friends have children?
11. If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would buy?
A house for my Aunt Ronni.
12. Has anyone ever called you lazy?
Hell, yeah - but usually when I wasn’t doing something they wanted me to do.
13. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep faster?
I usually have no trouble falling asleep, but if for some reason a zombie has gotten hold of my brain, I can easily fall asleep with a small dose of Tylenol PM or Benadryl. Ohhhh, yeah!
14. What CD is currently in your CD player?
Carrie Underwood, Rascal Flatts and Sara Evans. I’m on a country kick lately.
15. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?
Chocolate, but not too chocolaty – just enough to color the milk.
16. Has anyone told you a secret this week?
17. When was the last time someone hit on you?
Well, it’s sort of hard to be approached when Eddie is constantly at my side, but just this afternoon, the guy who was working on our truck gave me the once over, the “eye” and then he winked at me. Does that count?
18. What did you have for dinner?
Philly cheesesteak sandwich. YUM.
19. Do you wear hoodies often?
Not really, as I hate to be hot and I hate things that mess up my hair (while making me hot).
20. Can you whistle?
Yes; whole songs, even.
21. Have you ever participated in a protest?
Not officially as part of a group, but I often protest on an individual level.
22. Who was the last person to call you?
23. What is your favorite ride at an amusement park?
None. I hate amusement parks with a passion. See this post.
24. Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
25. What area code are you in right now?
Right this minute? 410.
26. Did you watch cartoons as a child?
27. How big is your local mall?
Regular mall size; 4 large anchor stores, 2 levels, food court, etc.
28. How many siblings do you have?
29. Are you shy around the opposite sex?
Not in the LEAST.
30. What is your biggest regret?
Not pursuing a career in plus sized modeling when I was given the opportunity.
31. When was the last time you laughed so hard your sides hurt?
Last summer, with my best friend Vicki.
32. What movie do you know every line to?
Dirty Dancing is the only one that immediately comes to mind.
33. Do you own any band t–shirts?
34. When was your last plane ride?
May 2005 to Austin, TX.
35. How many chairs are at your dining room table?
I don’t have a dining room table.
36. Do you read for fun?
37. Can you speak any languages other than English?
Not fluently. I know a little Spanish, Italian, French and enough Romanian to ask for directions and a bathroom.
38. Do you do your own dishes?
No, not usually.
39. What color is your bedroom painted?
Our “bedroom” in the truck is a light silvery gray, but the one we often stay in is white.
40. Have you ever cried in public?
Oh yeah, I cry anywhere.
41. Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop?
42. Which do you make, wishes or plans?
43. Are you always trying to learn new things?
Yes; I’m interested in many things and learn quickly.
44. Do you shower on a daily basis?
Nope. And I have to say, I actually don’t mind it. I feel so european.
45. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos?
46. Do you believe that the guy should pay on the first date?
Absolutely. I am very old fashioned in many ways and that is one of them. He pays for the dates, he opens doors, carries luggage, takes out trash, kills big bugs…all the things men are supposed to do.
47. Can you skip rocks?
Maybe when I was eight, but haven’t done it since I was a kid.
48. Have you ever been to Jamaica?
Nope, no desire to, mon.
49. What to snack on at the movie theaters?
Twizzlers, Hot Pretzel Bites w. cheese and Diet Coke.
50. Who was your favorite teacher?
Didn’t have one.
51. Have you ever dated someone out of your race?
Outside of the human race? No.
52. What is the weather like?
Dark and cold.
53. Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos?
Sure, if he were a nice guy. Why not?
54. Do you have an online journal?
Well, this blog is one of sorts and I also keep a calendar marking my daily doings.
55. What was your favorite class in high school?
High school?? Geez. Who remembers? I guess Home Economics. In college, it was my African American History class.
56. Do you enjoy traveling via airplanes?
57. What personality trait is a must–have in your preferred gender?
Ability to converse on a vast number of topics in an intelligent manner.
58. Have you ever been attracted to someone physically unattractive?
Oh, absolutely. It’s that “there’s just something about him” quality.
59. When was the last time you slept on the floor?
60. What is your favorite alcoholic drink?
Mudslide (if that even freakin’ counts as an alcoholic drink!)
61. Does your closest Starbucks have a drive–thru?
Yes, otherwise I wouldn't go. I'm that lazy.
62. Do you like your living arrangement?
Love it – just wish it were bigger.
63. What is your mother’s hometown?
64. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
Usually six will make me function, but I could easily do ten.
65. Do you eat breakfast daily?
Not usually; I don’t really like breakfast.
66. What was the last thing to scare you?
A pain in my left arm when I was driving; ever since my father died I keep thinking I’m surely going to have a heart attack and die.
67. Are your days full and fast–paced?
Not by a long shot.
68. Did you ever get in trouble for talking in class?
ALL. THE. TIME. One of my earliest memories in school is writing “I will not talk in class” one hundred times on the blackboard. I eventually graduated to writing it 500 or 1,000 times on notebook paper to hand in as an “assignment.” It taught me nothing. I still talk a lot.
69. What is your favorite fruit?
70. Do you pay attention to calories on the back of packages?
Not unless I’m dieting – which isn’t often.
71. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
Oh my God, I’m going to be F-O-R-T-Y.
72. Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
I’m a spelling Nazi. It’s one of my biggest pet peeves. I usually check and double check myself for spelling errors and if one gets through, there’s got to be a fantastically good reason. As for grammar, not so much. It’s not a strong point of mine, but I try to do the best I can.
73. Do you believe in life on other planets?
Not really. Well, except for Texas.
74. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Unfortunately, I have; and I wish for them all to burn to the ground.
75. Who was the last person to piss you off?
Who wasn’t the last person to piss me off?
76. Do you believe that God has a gender?
If I knew I'd have to answer this, I would have paid more attention in Sunday school.
77. What was the last thing you ate?
Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies.
78. Do you get along better with the same or opposite sex?
I think I get along well with either. I’m very social.
79. What did you dress up as for your first Halloween?
Casper is the first costume I remember seeing a picture of me in.
80. How did your parents pick your name?
My mother was reading Greek Mythology when she was pregnant with me and found the name Selena, which in Greek meant “moon child.” When she told my father, he said he liked it, so that was that. They changed the spelling to Salena, to incorporate my father’s name – which was Sal.
81. Do you like mustard?
Yes. Spicy brown.
82. What do you tell yourself when times get hard?
I don’t really feel like I’ve had any hard times. But what else can you do but just deal with it?
83. Would you ever sky dive?
84. Do you sleep on your side, tummy, or back?
Belly and back.
85. What character from a movie most reminds you of yourself?
Well, I can’t think of any movies, but Karen from Will and Grace is all me – minus the excessive drinking and pill popping.
86. Have you ever bid for something on Ebay?
Yes, several times.
87. Do you enjoy giving hugs?
I’m not a hug freak but I wouldn’t say no to one.
88. Would you consider yourself to be fashionable?
Well, I’m not stuck in the eighties if that’s what you mean. I stay current and try to adapt it to my lifestyle.
89. Do you own a digital camera?
More than one.
90. If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating you, how would you feel?
Flattered that he was interested but uncomfortable because I couldn’t return his feelings.
91. What celebrities have you been compared to?
Kathy Najimy, Elizabeth Taylor, Jo Frost (the SuperNanny) and once when I was in L.A., I was mistaken for Ricki Lake.
92. Who is your favorite Star Wars character?
Don’t have one. Not a Star Wars Fan.
93. Does it annoy you when someone says they’ll call but never do?
Depends on the reason they didn’t call, but usually, yes it does annoy me.
94. What books, if any, have made you cry?
I can’t think of one at the moment.
95. Do you think you’re attractive?
96. What are you allergic to?
Definitely something, since I’ve had many episodes of this:
Yes, that is me. And this is not one of the moments where I would call myself attractive as #95 asks.
97. Are you a jealous person?
98. What’s your opinion on sex without emotional commitment?
I don’t really have an opinion on that. If that’s what you want to do, I guess it’s okay.
99. Do you ever feel guilty after eating meat?
Are you kidding? What is meat for?
100. If you were born the opposite sex, what would your name have been?
I’ll have to ask my mother but maybe Michael, since that is my brother’s name and he was born after me. I suppose if I were a boy, I would have gotten that name.
101. Is it lunchtime yet?
Nope – it’s 1 am where I am and I’m getting ready to hit the sack.